A small, but mighty team.
Learn more about the people behind the mission.
Michele Brown, Executive Director
Michele’s education and career has taken her from her hometown in Maine, to D.C., California, Chicago, Cincinnati and finally, to Louisville, KY, where she landed in 2015 as the Administrative Director for the KSBCF. Her experience in non-profit healthcare and global pharmaceutical marketing has given her a unique skill set that greatly supports the KSBCF mission. She holds degrees from George Washington University and Georgia State University, and when she’s not at work, you can find her running marathons, traveling and managing the busy schedules of her kids.
Nicole Roth, Administrative Director
As a Kentucky native and University of Louisville alumna, Nicole brings a balance of local know-how and global awareness to her role. Her academic studies have taken her to pursue graduate work in archaeology, receiving her Master’s and Doctorate degrees from the University of Sheffield. In January of 2018, she transitioned from academia to the non-profit sector, where she’s happy putting to use her love of deep thinking, relentless research skills and general appreciation for compassionate work. At home, Nicole can be found reading a good book and cuddling with her four pets, Gandalf, Butters, Guinness, and Indy.
Board of Directors
- William Beavin – Retired, VP of Finance American Printing House for the Blind
- Erin Bravo – Assistant United States Attorney
- Will Evans – Emeritus
- Dr. Joseph “Joey” Hammond – Optometrist, Visionfirst
- Carla Manning (President) – Beam Suntory
- Hon. Michael McDonald – Emeritus
- Dr. Martin Monson – Outreach Director, Kentucky School for the Blind
- Gary Mudd – Retired, VP of Government & Community Affairs American Printing House for the Blind
- Denise Placido – Retired, Kentucky Office for the Blind
- Lindsay Pritchett – Teacher of the Visually Impaired
- Charles Ricketts, Jr. – Emeritus
- John Roberts (Vice President) – Assistant Director of Exceptional Child Education (Elementary Schools), Jefferson County Public Schools
- Jeff Sanders – Associate Director Finance, Humana Inc.
- William P. Seifrit (Treasurer) – Vice President, Marketing Managing Director, PNC Institutional Asset Management
- Peggy L. Sinclair-Morris – Principal, Kentucky School for the Blind
- Dr. Inder P. Singal – Chief Medical Officer/Practicing Retina Surgeon, Bennett and Bloom Eye Centers
- Meg Stone (Secretary) – Retired, Outreach Director, Kentucky School for the Blind
- Jeanette Wicker – Retired, Core Curriculum Consultant, American Printing House for the Blind