A small, but mighty team.
Learn more about the people behind the mission.
Michele Brown, Executive Director
Michele’s education and career has taken her from her hometown in Maine, to D.C., California, Chicago, Cincinnati and finally, to Louisville, KY, where she landed in 2015 as the Administrative Director for the KSBCF. Her experience in non-profit healthcare and global pharmaceutical marking has given her a unique skillset that greatly supports the KSBCF mission. She holds degrees from George Washington University and Georgia State University, and when she’s not at work, you can find her running marathons, traveling and managing the busy schedules of her kids.
Nicole Roth, Administrative Director
As a Kentucky native and University of Louisville alumna, Nicole brings a balance of local know-how and global awareness to her role. Her academic studies have taken her to pursue graduate work in archaeology, receiving her Master’s and Doctorate degrees from the University of Sheffield. In January of 2018, she transitioned from academia to the non-profit sector, where she’s happy putting to use her love of deep thinking, relentless research skills and general appreciation for compassionate work. At home, Nicole can be found reading a good book and cuddling with her three pets, Gandalf, Butters and Guiness.
Board of Directors
- William Beavin (Treasurer) – VP of Finance American Printing House for the Blind
- Burt Boyer (Secretary) – Retired, educator of the blind
- Maria Delgado – Director of Accessibility American Printing House for the Blind
- Will Evans – Emeritus
- Dr. Joseph “Joey” Hammond – Optometrist, Visionfirst
- Carla Manning (President) – Cook Compressions
- Gregory E. Mayes Jr. – Wilson Elser LLP
- Hon. Michael McDonald – Emeritus
- Gary Mudd – VP of Government & Community Affairs American Printing House for the Blind
- Bill Pfund – Retired, CFO at Constellium – UACJ
- Denise Placido – Retired, Kentucky Office for the Blind
- Lindsay Pritchett – Teacher of the Visually Impaired
- Charles Ricketts, Jr. – Emeritus
- John Roberts – Director of Specialized Academic Programs, Oldham County Schools
- Dr. Andrea Gray – Smith – Optometrist, Low Vision
- Meg Stone – Retired, Outreach Director, Kentucky School for the Blind
- Bradley Sublett – Financial Consultant, AXA Advisors
- Dr. Tuck Tinsley III – Retired, President of the American Printing House for the Blind
- Erinn Waggoner – Product Leader Mechanical and Industrial Insulation, Owens Corning
- Jeanette Wicker – Core Curriculum Consultant, American Printing House for the Blind